Home » News » Shapoorji Pallonji set to acquire 51 per cent stake in Gopalpur port

Shapoorji Pallonji set to acquire 51 per cent stake in Gopalpur port

Shapoorji Pallonji is set to buy a 51 per cent stake in Odisha’s Gopalpur port. Orissa Stevedores Ltd (OSL), one of the three original promoters, will hold the remaining 49% as per reports in Economic Times. This comes as OSL’s founder Mahimananda Mishra is wanted by police investigating a murder that took place last month. The second private port in Odisha, the Gopalpur project was won by a consortium of OSL, metal trader Sara International and Hong Kong-based Noble Group in 2006. Developed from a minor to an all-weather port on a BOOT (Build, Own, Operate, Transfer) model, any change in ownership requires state government approval. Noble exited the special purpose vehicle (SPV) in 2010. Shapoorji will be mostly acquiring Sara International’s stake. A Shapoorji Pallonji group spokesperson confirmed the acquisition plan and said it would invest fresh money in the port. A Shapoorji Pallonji group spokesperson confirmed the acquisition plan and said it would invest fresh money in the port. “At this stage of the transaction, due diligence and documentation are in progress and government clearance is awaited. This acquisition is a part of our larger group strategy to play a meaningful role to build marine infrastructure particularly around development of bulk, liquid and LNG (liquefied natural gas),” said the spokesperson in an email.

Check Also

Sudarsan Pattnaik’s 1000 sand Santa Claus enters Limca Book of Records

Sudarsan sets World Record by creating 1,000 Santa Claus in sand

Noted sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has set a new World Record by creating 1,000 Santa …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*